Craig Safety Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1998 by Brenda Craig, an acknowledged leader in regulatory safety. Her father started a business with a $500 loan and when he sold it to Kraft Foods in 1986, it was one of the Top 50 food distributors in the US. This experience was the road map that empowered her to explore the unlimited possibilities, take risks, solve problems, and continually innovate in order to build a successful business from the ground up.
“One of my father’s biggest challenges was that he considered federal government interference by OSHA, DOT, EPA with his private company to be intrusive and difficult to comply with,” says Ms. Craig. Although he strongly believed in maintaining a safe work environment, he was not happy with the increasing number of regulations and continuous mandates that the government imposed on him. As she reflected on what she learned from her father, she thought “What if I could build a company that would simplify safety for other companies that were confused and overwhelmed by the same type of government regulations?” And that is where Craig Safety Technologies, Inc. got it’s start. In answer to her question of how to help companies to manage their compliance.
- Bronze Stevie Award Winner: Entrepeneur of the Year – Small Business Services
- Bronze Stevie Award Winner: Innovative Company of the Year – Small Business
- Fairness in City Contracting – Kansas City Missouri 2014-2018 term
- Kansas City Most Influential Woman Recipient – 2013
- Innovation in Technology Award – SBDC Missouri – 2011