The following is a list of the top 10 most frequently cited standards following inspections of worksites by federal OSHA. OSHA publishes this list to alert employers about these commonly cited standards so they can take steps to find and fix recognized hazards addressed in these and other standards before OSHA shows up. Far too many preventable injuries and illnesses occur in the workplace.
- 1926.501 – Fall Protection
- 1926.451 – Scaffolding
- 1910.1200 – Hazard Communication
- 1910.134 – Respiratory Protection
- 1910.147 – Lockout/Tagout
- 1910.305 – Electrical, Wiring Methods
- 1910.178 – Powered Industrial Trucks
- 1926.1053 – Ladders
- 1910.303 – Electrical, General Requirements
- 1910.212 – Machine Guarding
Stay up to date on your compliance requirements with OSHA’s Resources for Most Frequently Cited Standards
Craig Safety’s Monthly Safety Newletter!
Data is provided by Deputy Director of OSHA’s Directorate of Environmental Programs Patrick Kapest fiscal year 2010 runs Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011, Federal Data As of Oct. 8, 2010